Satellite Receivers — a device receiving digital television signals and transmitting it to the TV screen. The people they are also often referred to as satellite tuners.
Since the described device is typically a small box, which during the reign of CRT TVs could be put on top of the TV, the English name for it caught on Set-top box or abbreviated STB.
All satellite receivers can be globally divided into 2 classes: satellite SD receivers and satellite HD receivers. The first is used for reception of digital signal format DVB S, while the latter are also to receive a progressive format, DVB S2, which is called high definition television HDTV.
HD receivers are much more expensive, but not always a good idea to buy just such a receiver. A necessary and sufficient condition for the reception of high definition television is the simultaneous fulfillment of three conditions: 1) the presence of a plasma or LCD TV with Full HD 1920 × 1080 razreshniem 2) the presence of satellite broadcasting in this format, 3) a satellite HD receiver. Often, the buyer acquires a HD receiver, naively believing that he will watch HDTV, keeping in mind that not all satellites are broadcast in this format. For reception of channels in digital quality simply to get enough high-quality SD receiver, thus saving a considerable amount.
In addition, within each of these categories suschestvyut receivers with various additional functions and interfaces: USB-port for recording, 1-2 card reader, CI CAM slots for conditional access module, an Internet LAN, the ability to insert the hard drive, etc. . The user selects the satellite receiver on the basis of their potrenostey in different functions.
Many people often make the mistake of believing that the more expensive the receiver, the better it is. This is not the case. Dear receiver — it is certainly a good receiver with a wide range, but most often in everyday life can do without them. Receiver individually chosen specifically for your requirements for your system. That’s why when choosing a satellite, you need to pay attention to the coding system required you to TV (Viaccess, Seca, Irdeto …). All receivers are present in the market can be divided into several groups according to their abilities, and, therefore, to rank them for a certain price range. But once it is worth noting that there are exceptions. These include, for example, devices known companies who are always cost more than their counterparts.
1. All receivers allow you to view free channels (then, they are free). If you do not want to communicate with pay TV, pay a subscription fee, to search for the pirate cards, etc., or you just quite happy with the channels that are broadcast in the open (free) form, you will need a very simple receiver FTA (Free channels To Air) — Receiver lowest price category, which is worth 50 to $ 100 From each other they are different, as, in general, and all the rest, by the manufacturer of quality issued by the picture and sound, additional features and other characteristics.
2. The next category — the receivers, opening one of the most popular character — Viaccess. In this encoding some of the channels broadcast on European satellites, but most importantly, our favorite NTV-Plus. There are such receivers from 100 to 250 USD Differ from each other, as was mentioned above, by the manufacturer, the number of memorized channels, as well as the number of slots for access cards. This is not unimportant, if you decide to put the system by 2 or 3 satellite.
3. Other receivers, opening one encoding, but not Viaccess: Mediaguard (Seca), Irdeto, etc. Occur less frequently and are more expensive — 120 cu. Frankly, these receivers are needed only for those who want to buy an official subscription to a foreign TV channel package.
4. There are receivers that instead of (or addition) of the conventional slots for cards, have a CI (Common Interface or CAM-port). In these receivers, you can insert additional access module, which will open one or more character sets, depending on the module. There are modules for all known coding and even a few encodings at once, but they cost from 40 $ Such receivers are from 70 USD
5. The fifth category — receivers with built-in, allowing to open 5 or more encodings (Viaccess, Seca, Irdeto, BetaCrypt, Nagravision, etc., etc.). Such devices on the market, more and more, as this is a great option if you choose a set with a rotating antenna. Receivers of this class are from 80 USD and above.
6. More and more emerging on the market receivers with built-in decoder or, as they say, with the emulator sets. These receivers often do not have any card reader, but also allow you to view 5 or more character by typing the keys to encrypted channels with the remote control. The undoubted advantages of this approach is that you do not need to look for people who proshyut you new keys to the card. Due to the fact that such devices have become wildly popular, they began to let all and sundry, thus the price of some models has become ridiculous, from $ 50
7. Receivers with hard drive. Hard disk drive (like a computer) allows you to use a receiver as a digital video recorder, that is, record you want. Differ, in addition to the above, the volume of the hard drive is measured in gigabytes (Gb). The more gigabytes of hard disk space, the more programs, films, etc. there fit! In most machines hard disk can be changed to a more «spacious» (40 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB, 120 GB …). There are also such receivers, which are sold without any hard drive, but allow it to connect. A growing number of manufacturers of receivers with hard disk, producing a model with two tuners. This allows you to watch one channel and record another. There are as with slots for cards and CI, and only with CI. Cost at least $ 300
8. Digital to analog receivers. To be honest, the thing useless, because to date, analog satellite television has finally exhausted itself. All channels are still broadcast in analog format, and there is a digit (but may be on a different satellite).
9. Another interesting group — receivers with built-in subscription to a certain channel or a package of channels (for example, the package tricolor). There are additional card reader, slots for modules, but there are none at all. Such devices are becoming increasingly popular. Cost from $ 100 As popular conditional access modules with a given function.
10. An entirely new class of receivers, with outstanding features. This group may include 2 or more formatted devices: satellite receiver, cable receiver +, satellite receiver + DVD-recorder, combines, such as: Satellite Receiver + DVD, MP3, Video CD, CD-R, CD-RW, HDD ( Yes, there are such!) and so on. And if the cable receiver in Russia is nothing, then the universal machines will certainly find their buyers. However, it is always worth remembering: the «advanced» equipment, the more expensive it is, the more it can break, and the more expensive it will cost to repair!
Conclusions: — Before buying a satellite system, please read the channels going to different satellites. It is possible that you have enough free channels and which to all satellites in abundance. Thus, you can save on your receiver, paying him a total of 60 — $ 100 — If funds allow, or do you expect in the near future to expand the capabilities of its satellite system, it makes sense to buy a receiver unit for 5 or character with a built-in emulator. If you are going to watch satellite Hot Bird, then you will without such a device is simply not enough. — The receiver with built-in hard drive — something dear. Any set of satellite equipment such device increases the cost considerably. If it is not necessary and not a whim, you need to think — whether it’s you. — Before buying a receiver see what additional features it has. Many of them may be not superfluous:
1. The presence of the receiver of the modulator, which allows you to raise a signal from one receiver to multiple TVs.
2. The presence of a digital (both audio and video) output, which will connect the receiver to your home theater and stereo system.
3. Ability to write (download) software (software) via satellite.
4. The built-in Positioner — a device that allows the plate to rotate with the polar suspension, or support the DiSEqC different versions (1.0, 1.2, …), which allows you to connect the positioner.
5. The presence of such useful things as teletext and subtitles, and a nice little things, like games.
6. A USB-out for connecting the device to your computer and record video and audio to your hard drive!
7. Ability to connect to the receiver hard drive for recording programs.
8. For receivers with built-in hard drive, not be superfluous to the 2nd tuner, which enables you to record one channel.
Оставить свой комментарий/отзыв